Thursday, October 23

Time To Take A Look At My Heart

Well, its finally here. Tomorrow are my two tests at UCLA- the cardiac catheterization and heart biopsy. To be honest, I don't know what makes me more nervous: having my life disrupted or hoping to God that I didn't go through one more test for no reason. As my personal way of dealing with this stress, I have made myself run around all day long trying to prepare for the "event," and for the days following. From what I have read and have been told, the recovery time is about 24 hours, but I know from past experience that the stress alone can set me back for a few days, so I can just imagine what all of this will do to me. Having just said all of that, my job is to push these fears and projections aside and focus on the fact that it is going to turn out beautifully. I will show up at the hospital; they will do the tests; I will stay in recovery for a few hours; then I will go home and rest. End of story. It doesn't have to be dramatic or scary- I can actually choose to go with the flow and have faith that everything will be okay. I really believe that deep down I don't like the idea of my heart being messed with, and I know that having a biopsy taken of it just isn't sitting well with me. If I were my heart I wouldn't like being invaded with a bunch of scopes and surgical tools! My hope is that my body will be accepting of all of this, and that the results will more than make up for any stress or discomfort that these procedures may have caused me. Please keep me in your prayers and send good thoughts- I can use as many as I can get!

1 comment:

  1. I am enrolled in one such medical facility known as prevention plus program of elite healt. you can find information from their website http://elitehealth.com/prevention_plus_health_plan.php

    ReplyDelete